Digipak/advert ideas
This album cover for Only by the Night may be used as inspiration for my own digipak, Although this is by a band not like My Chemical Romance, I believe that elements of the album could be used effectively to reflect the nature of my own video, perhaps doing this by merging the faces of both the male and female protagonists in my video. Another feature I may take inspiration from on this album cover is the colour scheme. This album in particular uses mainly dark green and while I don’t currently plan to use green in my own digipak design I may try to get the same effect through a series of grey and black, thereby matching the colour scheme of my video, thereby linking the two. An aspect I definitely don’t plan to integrate into my own album is the use of an animal, as it has no relation to my video or it’s contents.
Days Go By, an album by The Offspring is another album that I may take inspiration from when designing my own. I admire this cover as I can relate it to my own video, for example, instead of a young child and an old man sat at opposite ends of a bench, I could use something similar involving my male and female antagonists sitting at opposite sides of the bench I plan to use as a location in my music video. This relates to my video at it represents the relationship between my two protagonists, as their relationship throughout most of the video will be relatively distant as they are both alone for portions of the video. I may however go against these designs by including just one of the protagonists on the cover in order to link my digipak and advert to the concept of lonliness expressed in the music video for Boulevard of Broken Dreams.


No comments:
Post a Comment